Wednesday, March 30, 2005

An Introduction to My Office, Part 2

The Entrance to My Office
The entrance to my office
This is the entrance to my office. The whole building is apart from the main Administration building so each working day, we get to avoid seeing the CEO and/or GM for as long as we want. Of course, until we are summoned to see them or we need to do something at Admin and Finance and come across them there.

The View from Inside

The View
Occassionally, we get so fed up with staring at the monitor screen that it would be a real break to just stand at the entrance and look out to the world. The palm tree is directly in front of the door while further ahead is the 100-year old tree that has been there since...I don't know... James Brooke's time? On a hot day, the tree gives us cool refuge while on a raining day, it helps break the thunderous fall of the rain water.

The Tree

The Tree
Looking up, the tree's branches looks like this. And it alwasy sets my imagination off. There are days when I half hope to see blazing red eyes staring back at me from amongst the branches and tree trunks. Why not? It is all but a 100years and these trees definitely have a Penunggu. Or two!

My Angels from Above

My Angels
When the Christmas season ended last year, I did not want to throw this lovingly made paper cut-out angels away so I stuck them to the glass partition between my cubicle and my Asst Manager's. Each monring when I pass them, I greet them with blessings and each evening, I wish them some blessings for the night. There are on occassion, when my Asst Manager would turn and look at me as I stare at these angels; she must be thinking I am going bonkers or something....

My Camouflage Tree

My Camouflage Tree
I requested from the gardener to have a plant palced near my desk. This is because (i) I need the oxygen which the plant produce, (ii) I need some greens around my dreary, grey/blue cubicle, (iii) I need to camouflage myself from people's view as they enter the office. HAA HAA HAA

My One and Only Window

My Window
Did I mention that my office complex is a hundred year old government quarters so who knows what had happened there before way back in the Brooke era, Japanese Occupation, rocking Sixties, hippi seventies etc.

So this the window which I have. Sitting typing this, the window is directly behind me. They have put up blinds at it but I prefer having it opened as such. MAnagement also had it grilled up and locked so I cannot open the window for much needed fresh air, unless I kick it open.

In the mornings, I like the feel of the sun shining through into the room and falling on my pc/monitor and my desk. It is such a nice view.

Outside, we have neighbours - two or three bungalows with maids (we can hear them talk occassionally) and dogs (we hear the barking), and a fancy condominium complex, which I believe is half empty.

So now you know my office complex is situated in a fancy part of Kuching's residential area.

No comments: