Thursday, August 23, 2007

Trying Out For the Public Service

Recently I was given the opportunity to try my luck for employment with the public service. Actually, it was more like being given the opportunity to sit for the Public Service Exam for future employment with the Public Sector.

Sitting for the exam, which takes the whole day for 5 papers, was like sitting for SPM all over again.

For one thing, sitting for the mathematical paper left me dizzy and confused! I am so against maths and anything mathematical the whole 45 minutes I was doing the 25 questions, I felt stressed and very pressured. It was like Form Five all over again.

Nonetheless, the other four papers were a breeze.

The paper on Sahsiah Diri (Personality) was fun because it really shows the person that I am. Also, there are always repeat questions in such a paper and it is always wise to respond the way you did the first time.

Then the Minat paper was more for the determination on which post you are suited for. Naturally, all technical posts were replied TIDAK (no) by me whilst the creative questions get an occasional YA and the writing/public relations/communications questions get a resounding YA!

The Pengetahuan Am (General Knowledge) paper was a breeze also because i read a lot and it was very comforting to know that i know nearly 85 per cent of the respond to questions asked.

The BM and English paper was combined; it was int he form of article understanding and grammar. Such a breeze for me.

Though the last paper was to last till 4.00pm, I walked out the of the exam hall at 3.25pm.

Wish me luck!

No comments: