Thursday, August 09, 2007

When Thank You Is Just Not Enough...

The last time I counted, I have been working at my present employment for 26 months. And within that 26 months, I have had only one increment. Actually, it was more like an adjustment I got on my salary when I was confirmed at my job.

Two months later, I was re designated.

I was re-titled Manager.

And my take-home pay check is less than USD450.00(equiv.)

My pay slip makes me want to cry...

Because

... after making sure that the organisation's Annual report is of international standard....


... after burning the midnight oil to salvage the damage done onto the souvenir booklet of our first international conference...

... after diligently coming to work early and going back late...

... after squeezing out all forms of ideas out of my head to come up with articles so our newspaper column is sustained...



... after designing the organisation's library system's logo....



... after designing the logo for our first international conference...



all I got was a 'thank you' cert and a check for (equiv.) USD88.23

Didn't people say designers/creative persons are well-paid?

No comments: