Friday, July 30, 2004

...I have to go...

The first week of August will be a difficult time for me. For I have to leave my little baby, 4yr old and my hubby.

This will be the second time I am leaving my kids. The first was when my eldest daughter was hardly a year old. I left her and her father to attend a conference at Melbourne, Australia for nearly two weeks. Though I was excited and busy while at Melbourne, there were time when I recollect and remember them. Things I saw, I witnessed, I experienced, I wish I could share with them.

Now, from August 03 to 08, I will be away again. This time, leaving Ashleigh, my hubby Simon and my baby, Emma-Noelle. Though I will just be in Kuala Lumpur; a place that is so far yet so familiar, among familiar people/culture and way of life, but the thought of being away from my little precious makes me sad. As my previous departure from them, I am excited about this trip.

Having moved back to Kuching almost 2 1/2years ago, this will be my first trip back to the metropolitan city. I look forward to meeting my friends, my former colleagues, seeing the places I knew and some new ones etc. But still, there will be some nights when things/events/smell/incidents which will definitely remind me of them and makes me wonder how they are, what they are doing, how they are coping with my absence.

Many reasons make me hope that I do not have to go but this fact really dawned on me when I held the flight ticket in my name, in my hands. Deep inside me, I know I have to go. Not only because it is my professional requirements, but also because I need and deserve to go away, even for a short while.

I just hope some day, Ash and Emma will remember, and understand.

No comments: