Thursday, August 19, 2004

... I am Back!...


The pilot flew over the city (a first for all my flying days) so these were the first I saw.

I won't tell you about the official stuffs but rather, lemme tell you about the other interesting things.

The evening we arrived...

We reached KL at 5pm Tuesday evening. The ride was waiting for us so we all hopped on in and off we went! Clever driver (his name was Charlie) he took the KL-Nilai Highway and avoided the Puchong/Damansara traffic. It was a smooth ride and I felt very nostalgic when we passed by Bukit Jalil/Palace of the Golden Horses. Oh! how I miseed the traffic ... NOT! Reaching the city, he went into Jalan Tun Razak and diverted into Jalan Bukit Bintang. Man!!! Welcome to KL, so said the traffic jam. Which, mind you, is common in that area, during or after hours. My dinner was chicken rice at the Hailam Chicken Rice shop at the cornershop facing BB Plaza -- from a small, dinggy place, it has now turned into a posh little chicken rice cafe complete with uniformed waiters.

24-hours later....

I rushed back to my room, changed and took all my colleagues' ticket to get them endorsed. MAS office (almost 3 blocks down the road) was closing at 5.30pm so I hopped on the monorail (my first ride in it, yahooo!!!) and got there in time to get them endorsed. Then, I decided to walk back to the hotel. It was a nice walk anyway. The office traffic has not started and it was shady evening. There is the mamak restaurant that was in the news recently after it was vandalised by thugs/ccompetitors. There is the little 7-Eleven store I used to frequent when I was a trainee at Regent Hotel. There is Regent Hotel -- where i met my hubby. :-) There is Lot 10 and BB Plaza, and Sg Wang. That evening, i made my way to Sogo (on the monrail again!) and bought my hubby some work clothes. I also saw some very nice handbags but then...not in my list of things to buy.

Afternoon, 2nd day of trip...

I sat in a PICANTO!!! Coincidentally, NAZA KIA had a road show for its vehicles at The Mall where we had lunch and I saw my dream car!!!

Evening, 2nd day of trip...

I lost my friend in the mall so I made my own way, which was nicer since I get to see and do all the things that I want to. For dinner, I ordered out some croissant, talked to the waiter/server since he was alone and friendly and went back to the room. That night, I cried. Because I was tired. Because I want to go home and sleep in my own bed. Because I missed my family.

Evening, 3rd day of trip

I hated today. I nearly quarrelled with my officer and my CEO left for home the previous evening and everything and everyone suddenly seems to have a mind of their own and no one wants to follow itinerary. Worst, I am left standing at a taxi stand with a whole bunch of people with the same purpose and we are late for Brian's dinner. Simpy becasue my officer thinks it is best to take a cab then anything else. By the time we got to Bangsar Park, Brian was edgy, I was tired and his pasta was cold and there were only 5 of us compared to food for 9 people...

Saturday morning

I changed my flight ticket to saturday night insteasd of sunday night. i want to see the kids now if possible. I also did my shopping - taking my time and knowing that I know where and how much those things are.

Mona picked me up from the hotel room. It was good to see her but after a while, I wanted to go already so she dropped me off at KL Central.

I was so tired I napped in the train on the way to the airport. And I napped further in the airplane. By the time I got to Kuching, I was mentally and physically exhausted. Having my 4year old greet me at the airport arrival hall was a nice respite from all that I have gone through.

I am finally home.

No comments: