Friday, June 10, 2005

Re-Designated, Not Promoted...

I received a letter from my CEO yesterday.

It is a re-designation letter of my position from Sr Admin Asst to Manager, Information and Knowledge Management. Such a BIG step, you say.

Not really.

My GM, since she took over the helm of the organization, have tried her best to re-structure the whole organization. The first thing she did is the re-structuring of the overall organization, thus my letter. Of course, I am not the only one being re-designated. A few of us was. In a way, I am glad she did what she did because since stepping in this organization, I have played (the sole) role of writing and documenting the organization's programmes and activities. It was more of a one-person show when it comes to these tasks, on top of it all, I have also the tasks of playing the role of Admin Asst to my (then) Asst Manager as well as being the supervisor to two administrative assistants.

BTW, my (then) Asst Manager has also been re-designated - to Manager. :-)! That means, I no longer report to her and that we are of the same authoritative level. As of 1st June 2005.

Structurally, below us at three Executive Assistants (formerly Admin Asst), who will serve as EAs for the three Managers:- Communication & Marketing, Information and Knowledge Management (Me!) and the ASK Resource Center (another guy who is my batch and employed as Sr Admin Asst as I was). We report to a Sr Manager; a fellow who was the Asst Manager for Information and Knowledge Management but got the position on the basis of seniority with the organization. And lemme tell you, there are PROs and CONs to this....

So there. I am finally a manager but for the next 6-12months, will be in name only.

As mentioned in the Officers Meeting by the CEO, the financial part will come later, and that is considering whether the organization will have the funds to give us what we are 'entitled' for.

I am keeping my fingers cross that even if we cannot be given the monies based on what we are entitled for, at least, let it be on the basis that it is for the added role and responsibility we are shouldering.

Happy Managing!

No comments: