Monday, September 18, 2006

Malaysian, Japanese or Korean?

Some time back, my good old Tiara 1.1cc gave us loads of problem - the hand brake got jammed, the airconditioning was non functioning and the radiator went bust.

So after much thought and discussion, I took a deep breath and got myself some new wheels. The question then was: local or foreign?

The old car was local. At 8 years of age, it has brought us to Kota Bahru, Kuala Kedah and Malacca. It has gone over Gng Semanggol and reached the rural areas of Perak. It has done our RM36k justice.

And now, it is old and giving us old-age problems. So we had to do something. But we do not want another local. At best, we want a japanese. But Japanese are expensive. So our next choice was Korean.

And thus, we decided on a Korean.

After much thought on colors, repayment amount, repayment methods, down payment etc etc, my Kia Spectra LS 1.6cc diamond-silver colored QAG 782 was delivered on 5 September 2006.

No, I do not have actual pictures of the car but here's a taste of it.







The Kia Spectra is just 85mm shorter than the Proton Perdana (4525mm vs 4610mm of a Proton Perdana). In terms of width, it is 5mm shorter at 1725mm.










My diamond silver QAG782 looks almost like this...











This is the interior - the other way round. Colleagues often ask me how a small person like me can drive such a long/huge car. My reply - practise.





No comments: