Friday, September 17, 2004

I Have To Go...Again

I am going travelling again. This time, not to a metropolitan setting such as KL but rather, to the interiors of Sarawak. I am going to Uma Lahanan in the sub-District of Sg Asap, Belaga.

I wish I didn't have to go because I hate the idea of leaving the kids. But I have to. Why? Because I want to make this the one time so that I can get it done and over with; so that my Boss will not pick me to go for the other trips till maybe... in 6 months time. Because I have just too many stuff to do in the office!!!

I will be flying into Bintulu on 22 Sept. From there, we will take a four-wheel drive to Uma Lahanan, which by the way, is nearly 2-hours drive away. We could take the boat, which takes about an hour but with this rainy season, we do not want to be part of Sarawak's river mishap statistics.

To top it all off, Uma Lahanan does not have a Hilton. Rather, we will be spending the 4 nights there in Uma Lahanan itself, which is the name of the longhouse.

That area, mind you, is the Orang Ulu area so thank goodness. Why? Because if it was an Iban area...hmmmm....

So wish me luck and an enjoyable stay. No electricity, no proper cooking place, no piping....(horrorsss...) at least that is what I was told.

Scare tactics?

No comments: