Thursday, September 16, 2004

Thank Your Lucky Stars...


If it was this guy, Hubby would be RM300 poorer...

On the way to work today, Simon (the Hubby) was stopped by a police sgt. bcos he was talking on his mobile phone while driving. I was so PISSED! (with Simon) bcos a million times i have told him to use the ear-piece (that little piece of gadget is hanging from the rear-view mirror in the car!) He got a good lecture from the guy - and nearly caused a traffic jam along the road where we were, since he had to stop at the road side and it was a narrow road. Thank his lucky stars, the Sgt let him off with a stern warning. The only thing I said to him when we drove away was "There is a reason why this thing is here," as I pointed to the ear-piece.

One annoying thing about my husband is that he is the 'curing' person, not the 'preventing' person - from the saying ' prevention is better than cure'. sometimes he would drive like shit and when i remark about it, he would say ' he knock us, he pay lah'. And i never failt o tell him, "I have no time and energy to spend on stopping the car, arguing with the next driver, reaching a settlement and getting the car fix." I even told him that if that should happen, I would just grab the kids and myself and be on our way, leaving him to settle the problem. I will not waste my time and energy on solving things that can be prevented.



No comments: