Wednesday, August 02, 2006

We Are So Busy, It's A Laugh (03)

Sorry. I have neglected this part of my life. But really, let’s blame it on work, shall we?

Since mid-May, I have been busy organizing a so-called international workshop on Education for Sustainable Development. This has taken over virtually every aspect of my life! And to think that I can breath easy come July but nooo…. I have the organizational newsletter to work so. So there I go again, trying to beat deadline and ‘beating’ the hell out of my colleagues to contribute articles.

So to keep things updated…

My Inner Circle: (a.k.a Families)

Hubby did not get to go back to hometown in June. But instead, he managed to maneuver his way around Immigration. Hee hee….!

Aidan is ten months old. She has cut two teeth – one each on the upper and lower gum. She is already standing while holding on to the furniture. Her favourite things? Her elder sisters, whom she loves to play ‘shouting’ with. They would shout for as long as they can to see who lasts the longest. On good days, I find the game cute. On bad days, it is absolutely annoying!



Emma is attending her social group every week now. Thanks to Melanie who recently got her driver’s license. Emma is getting used to being with other people aside from family members and I am happy to hear Melanie’s update on Emma’s activities at school.




Ashleigh…hmmmm…. Let’s just say she is part angel, part devil. Enough said.











My 2nd Circle (a.k.a Close Friends)

I will be making my way to KL next week for a 3 day conference. After that, I will be meeting up with old buds at MAC. Yahooo…!!! Am really looking forward to that.


My 3rd Circle (a.k.a Associates)

I wish someone would donate me a mid-range digital camera.


My Prof Circle (a.k.a The Work Scene)

Nothing to say except that an Exec Assistant left the organization and I managed to persuade the Chairman of my office’s social club to make a Video Message for him. Though we end up using much of the office’s equipment but I always believe that to make a good, lasting impression, you have to put in your personal touch. And Abd Rahman’s Coffee Shop (that’s the title of the video cd we made), I consider, the best farewell gift anyone can have.

And speak of work… the money I get for the kind of work I do just don’t match. And it is not because I am overpaid…quite the opposite really.

But who am I to complain right? Better cents than none at all….
Till the next boredom comes….

No comments: